Wells of Hope Ministries is a Uganda Christian Charity involved in reaching out to prisoners and their families with key attention being given to children who are affected by parental imprisonment. An Exciting opportunity has arisen in the organization for the positions of 2 Pastors. Here below is a general requirement for each of the pastors.
- Children’s Pastor
- Small Group Development Pastor .
Here below is a general requirement for each of the pastors.
Wells of Hope Ministries seeks a Pastor seeks who is committed to Bible teaching in the expository tradition and has a heart for helping people. He must be gifted in discipling and mentoring church leaders for ministry, knowledgeable in spiritual formation and small group development, children’s ministry and able to lead the congregation in reaching people for Christ and greater community impact.
We desire a pastor who is a skilled Bible teacher, who is wise and discerning, and who cares for his people while providing appropriate leadership. He should relate to people with a servant’s heart, be experienced in equipping people for ministry and leadership, and be a good listener.
He must be above reproach, the husband of one wife, temperate, prudent, respectable, hospitable, loving what is good, sensible, just, devout, able to teach, self-controlled, not addicted to wine or pugnacious, but gentle, peaceable, free from the love of money, and not fond of sordid gain. He must be one who manages his household well, keeping his children under control with all dignity, not accused of dissipation or rebellion. He must not be a new convert. He must have a good reputation with those outside the church. He must hold fast the faithful word which is in accordance with the teaching, so that he will be able both to exhort in sound doctrine and to refute those who contradict. (Adapted from 1 Timothy 3:2-7 and Titus 1:6-9).
Desired Pastoral Traits
- A Spirit-Filled Character
- -Models a passionate love for Jesus and people, and is passionate for people to know and grow in Jesus
- -Is committed to consistent personal time of Biblical study and reflection
- -Seeks the Lord’s guidance and consults with others regularly
- -Demonstrates healthy relationships with others
- -Demonstrates a humble and teachable spirit
- -Has integrity and does what he says he’ll do
- -Has a love for a rural community setting far from the amenities of a large city
- Biblical Teaching
- -Preaches Biblically-rooted, practical, and life-applicable messages
- -Exhorts in sound doctrine to accurately and earnestly deliver God’s Word
- -Presents the whole counsel of God for maximum life change
- -Inspires greater obedience to the Word
- -Mentors and disciples through preaching, small groups, and in one-on-one settings
- Relational Leadership
- -Emphasizes the power and practice of prayer
- -Recognizes and employs the talents and gifts of others
- -Enjoys and relates effectively to people of all ages and backgrounds
- -Lovingly confronts sin as described in Scripture
- -Values and models Biblical peacemaking and reconciliation
- -Facilitates an environment where people feel welcome, loved, and free to be transparent
- -Thinks creatively and applies ideas and concepts in new ways
- -Has a heart for and experience in evangelism and mentoring new evangelists
- -Is relational and approachable, with a healthy sense of humor
- -Is capable of casting, communicating, and implementing a compelling vision
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum of a Diploma in Theology and any other biblical related Ministry qualifications would be an added advantage .
- Must have a minimum of 1 years’ experience in Pastoral work.
- Must have adequate knowledge in computer use, internet, email, the spreadsheet-Excel.
- Must be able to christian counselling and a listener!
- Must be a Born again Christian, having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and must be a member of a church with sound doctrine.
- Must have a heart to serve and passionate to participate in ministry, in reaching out and changing lives.
- Must be a person of high integrity, impeccable manners and committed to high ethical standards and uphold the organizations policies.
- Age: Not Above 35 years.
- Must demonstrate a strong commitment to service and must have good interpersonal relationship skills.
- Able to work with minimal supervision, must be assertive, innovative ,hardworking, a leader, must have administrative skills and able to multi task.
- Must maintain an office atmosphere of dignity, integrity, and dedication to the ministry of the Wells of Hope Ministries.
- Have a working knowledge of English-both spoken and written and at least two other local languages, including Luganda.
SALARY: Wells of Hope endeavors to pay a considerate allowance to its full time team.
Kindly Send your application letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV) or Resume by email email@example.com by 21st January 2021 , it should be addressed to:
The Executive Director
Wells of Hope Ministries
P.O. Box 6315,