Responsible to: The Communications/IT Officer
Responsible for: N/A
Location: Wells of Hope, Head Office, Wakaliga, Nateete, Kampala and Wells of Hope Junior and High School, Semuto, Nakaseke
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Developing and delivering integrated communications campaigns across PR,
advertising, digital and social media
- Reviewing the communication and fundraising plan
- Developing and managing content across all digital and social media platforms
- Writing press releases, organising press calls, responding to media enquiries
- Maintaining and growing the Organization supporter database
- Overseeing the design, production and copy-writing of all print material
- Maintaining a database photo, case studies and research/evidence to promote our
- Supporting a range of fundraising events – whether our own events or external
- Building effective proposals and delivering strong presentations to potential funders
- Responding to general enquires and acknowledging one-off donations
- Other ad hoc duties whenever required
Key skills and competencies:
- Excellent written skills with the ability to produce concise and creative content
- Educated to degree level, preferably communications related/
- Experience of working in a communications environment
- Demonstrable ability to plan and prioritise own workload
- Excellent communication and presentation skills required to build relationships with
existing and potential supporters/funders
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and work well under pressure
- Ability to understand and generate budgets
- Ability and willingness to travel for work
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends as required
Qualifications and Requirements
- The applicant should possess a bachelor’s degree in Mass Communication, Journalism, Public Relations, information technology or Education with a bias to English Language or Literature, or a relevant degree from a recognized institution with an excellent knowledge of English and Communication Skills.
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience in related/similar work is required.
- Possess a good understanding of the human rights framework , appreciation of children’s rights.
- Must be talented, innovative , dynamic and exercise amazing leadership skills.
- Strong understanding of marketing and branding and its role in communications; ability to maximize media opportunities and respond effectively to media inquiries.
- Strong knowledge in Information Technology (IT) and use of various internet tools and social media platforms e.g Facebook ,and twitter.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team
- Special skills in using a still and video camera with excellent result.
- Must have excellent knowledge in computer use, internet, email, Ms. Word, the spreadsheet-Excel.
- Must be a Born again Christian, having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and must be a member of a church with sound doctrine.
- Must have a heart to serve and passionate to participate in ministry, in reaching out and changing lives.
- Must be a person of high integrity, impeccable manners and committed to high ethical standards and uphold the organizations policies.
- Age: Not Above 25 years.
- Must demonstrate a strong commitment to service and must have good interpersonal relationship skills.
- Able to work with minimal supervision, must be assertive, innovative, hardworking, a leader, must have administrative skills and able to multi task.
- Must maintain an office atmosphere of dignity, integrity, and dedication to the ministry of the Wells of Hope Ministries.
- Have a working knowledge of English-both spoken and written. Should have a good knowledge at least of three local languages, including Luganda.
SALARY: All positions at Wells of Hope Ministries are volunteer opportunities
however; Wells of Hope endeavors to pay a considerate allowance to its full time team.
Interested candidates should Send a Curriculum Vitae (CV) or Resume and a cover letter by email
firstname.lastname@example.org by 24th January 2020