Warm greetings from Wells of Hope!
Thank you for your continued support for the work that we are doing as we extend love and hope to children with parents in prison and their families. In the past months, we have achieved a lot!
Through your generosity;
- We held a Christmas party for the children!
- We held the Annual Camp; and 83 children participated! Some of the major highlights included: the children’s birthday party; the talent show and the shaving cream battle.
- Due to COVID – 19 Standard of Operation Procedures (SOPs), we held a workshop for 15 caregivers from Central Region and we hope to conduct the next as per their regions
- Over 500 inmates living with HIV & AIDS have received 700Kgs of high nutritive food supplements.
- The 71 children currently at Wells of Hope Junior School because they have no homes to go back to or are at risk in their communities; and the 9 candidates at Wells of Hope High School are continuing to receive education through video lessons, newspapers; and face-to-face lessons (for the candidates) while maintaining the COVID-19 SOPs. The children have received food, medical care, shelter, among other welfare packages.
- We are providing trade skills/ vocational skills to the children at the Junior School; culinary, tailoring, hairdressing, video editing and graphics.
- The 85 children who went back home after schools were closed due to COVID-19 outbreak have received food supplies, educational material and hygiene items. We are making follow up visits and phone calls to monitor the children’s wellbeing.
- The 165 children under our care and the 81 families of inmates are receiving psychosocial support; face-to-face, online and through phone calls.
We would not be able to do all this without you, thank you so much!
For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’
Matthew 25:35-36 GNT
We are excited that we have been able to cover 87.25% of our annual budget. We are praying that together we shall be able to cover the 12.75% by end of December.
We ask each one of you to prayerfully consider: making a donation or taking 1 percent of the total figure ($8,373.26) and as a church, group or fellowship take on a project! Another way to support this campaign is to share this link with your friends and family and ask them to make a donation.
|FRIENDS IN UGANDA||FRIENDS OUTSIDE UGANDA|
1. Mobile Money
Account Name: Wells of Hope Ministries
Account Number: 0780530619
Bank Name: Absa Bank Ltd
Bank Account Name: Wells of Hope Ministries
Account Number: 6000489474
Partners in Hope USA:
Contact Person: Brooke Skypala
With your contribution, you will restore hope to inmates and their families especially during the current situation as we battle COVID-19.