We are glad to report that 90 children visited their parents in on 2nd August 2018; and 4 children visited their parents for the first time. The children visited their parents in 5 prisons which included: Upper prison Luzira, Women prison Luzira, Jinja prison, Kitalya prison and Nakasongola prison. As always, the children were accompanied by Wells of Hope staff; the children were accompanied by Babirye from Makerere Full Gospel Church. The children were extremely happy to visit their parents again; they had last visited in April 2018.
The children were extremely happy and excited on their way to prison.
The children’s prison visits are some of the most precious moments cherished at Wells of Hope; families are reunited and through these visits, family bonding is enhanced.
Below are some of the highlights:
- At Upper prison Luzira, a father said, “I thought after being imprisoned, it would be the end of my life but with organizations like Wells of Hope my hope was restored. I did not know that there are people out there who still care and are willing to help others even when they are not related to them.”
- “I am so glad that my little girl is at Wells of Hope and is very happy, my mind is now at peace.” Blessing’s mother said after seeing her 5 year old daughter. Blessing had just joined Wells of Hope Junior School a week back, from the day care centre at the prison.
Other highlights during the visit included:
- 4 children were reunited with their parents in prison.
- Vivian’s father was so happy to see her and welcomed her back from the States; it was such a joyous moment as he hugged her and congratulated her over and over.
- Joshua Ocen’s father was pleased to share that he would be released in 40 days from then; he was so thankful to Wells of Hope for taking care of Joshua for all these years, and he shared that he would love to get involved in Wells of Hope by visiting the organization office and the schools.
- The pupils from Wells of Hope Junior School happily presented a song to their parents; the parents gladly cheered on their children as they made the presentation.
- Wells of Hope was gifted with trees.
The prison Officers thanked Wells of Hope Ministries for all efforts made to have the visit but also most importantly for taking care of children.
We thank Grace Community Church, USA which facilitated the visit.